Park Ordinance Amendment
Section 4 – General Conduct
4.24 Prevention of Tree Diseases. Unless you are a resident of Renville County bringing in firewood from a source in Renville County, no firewood shall be transported into, possessed, or burned in any Renville County park unless it bears evidence that it is from a Minnesota Department of Natural Resources approved source and/or a certified firewood vendor. Deadfall (downed trees and limbs) gathered in the park system may be used for small recreational fires in fireplaces or fire rings (approved May 10, 2011).
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. If I live in Renville County, can I bring in wood that is non-certified?
Yes. Proper identification is required if asked for by the park officer.
2. If I live outside of Renville County and I have a relative/friend that lives in Renville County, can I bring in wood from them?
No. Non-residents must have purchased firewood from a certified firewood vendor.
3. Can I bring in scrap lumber to burn?
Yes, you can; however, it cannot be treated, painted, stained, or varnished and must be free of nails and any metal.
4. Can I burn deadfall found in the park?
Yes, you can. Any downed trees or limbs may be used for recreational fires.
5. What happens if I violate the firewood restriction?
You will be asked to leave the park.
If you have any questions, please call 320-523-3768.