Clean Water Partnership (CWP) Project Loan Program
The Clean Water Partnership Septic Loan Program is funded through the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) in conjunction with a CWP Watershed Project and Renville County.
- A 10-year loan at 3% interest.
- The property owner(s) needs to complete an application and return it to the Environmental Services office along with a written cost estimate from a licensed septic installer. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Loan availability is determined by the current level of funding available in each individual watershed Loan Program. To determine a property’s location within a watershed, please click here: Watersheds
- The loan is processed through Renville County and is assessed to the landowner’s property.
AgBMP Loan Program
The MN Department of Ag sponsors the AgBMP Loan Program. This low interest loan is available to residents Countywide who have an existing failing septic system. An applicant requests funding through the Environmental Services office and the loan is processed through a local lender (bank). For more information, click here : AgBMP Low-Interest Loans
- A 5-year loan (possibly longer) at 3% interest. Origination and filing fees may apply.
- Collateral is required.
- The property owner needs to complete an application and return it to the Water & HHW Management office along with a written cost estimate from a licensed septic installer. Also requires a lender application and approval.
- Remember that a septic loan will not be approved until the application and all written cost estimate have been submitted. We also need written cost estimates for other associated contractor expenses (i.e. pumpers, electricians, plumbers) if they are to be included in the loan.
- Not eligible: septic systems for new building sites, after-the-fact construction.
- Do not assume the loan has been approved. Wait until you receive verification!