Public Health provides outreach for the preventive healthcare program Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC). Minnesota's C&TC Program entitles children and teens, birth to 21 years of age, who are enrolled in Medical Assistance, PrimeWest or MinnesotaCare to cost-free annual healthcare checkups.
These checkups for infants, children and teens are thorough health checkups done by the individual's own healthcare provider. The checkups include:
- History and Physical Exam
- Immunization Review
- Growth and Development Screening
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- Lab Work
- Health Teaching.
Child and Teen Checkups should be given:
- Between birth and 1 month
- At 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 months
- At 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 years
- Every two years after age 6.