COVID-19 Related County Services Delivery Changes


The county has implemented measures to ensure the continued safety of staff and visitors, including:

• Visitors are required to wear a face covering that covers both the mouth and nose, in order to receive service.
• Hand sanitizer is provided for visitors at entry points.
• If you have documents or payments to drop off, consider placing them in the Drop Box located in the main lobby of the Government Services Center or outside the north entrance of the Courthouse.
• Appointments will continue to be required in the License Office for prorate services.
• In other offices, appointments are encouraged.

No one may enter a Renville County building if they:
• Have symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever or difficulty breathing;
• Have been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days; or
• Have been directed to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a health care provider within the last 14 days.

In accordance with the Governor's Executive Orders, many county staff continue to work from home while providing services remotely. These employees will continue to be available to help the public via email, phone and virtual visit.

Full Contact List for County Departments and Offices 

* Dropbox Locations
 - Courthouse, 500 East DePue Ave, outside of the North Entrance, Olivia, MN 56277
 - Government Service Center, 105 S 5th Street, Main Lobby (the one with flags mounted by the doors), Olivia, MN 56277.  Click here to view the location: Video

Service Interruptions
   Administration and County Commissioners
   Assessor: Property Valuation and Classification
   Auditor/Treasurer: Property Taxes and Elections
   Environmental Services: Planning, Zoning, Feedlot, Septic System Permitting, Water Management and Special Vehicle Use Permitting
   Emergency Management
   Hawk Creek Watershed Project
   Human Services
   Public Health
   Public Works: Road & Bridge and Drainage
   Recorder: Real Estate Documents, Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates, Passport and Marriage Applications
   Redwood/Renville Regional Solid Waste Authority (RRRSWA) and Transfer Facility and Renville County Demolition Landfill
   Restorative Justice
   Safe Avenues
   Sheriff’s Office
   U of M Extension / 4H
   Veterans Services

Administration and County Commissioners

 - Contact the Administration office at 320-523-3710. 

 - Click here to see contact information for your County Commissioner.

 - County Board meetings will continue to be held, but will be conducted remotely. 
 - To see when County Board meetings are scheduled, and to view agendas and minutes, click here.
 - To Connect to scheduled County Board meetings:  

Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679
United States: +1 (571) 317-3116

Access Code: 539-302-861

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:

Assessor:  Property Valuation and Classification

- Applications and forms can be submitted via postal mail or placed in the Courthouse drop box*. 
- Questions concerning property classification and valuation can be addressed by phone, email, or in-person: 
     - Phone:  320-523-3645 
     - Email:  assessors@renvillecountymn.com
     - Mail: 500 E DePue Ave, Suite 205, Olivia MN 56277


 - Please call the office before coming in for a meeting or to observe a Court Hearing.
 - Wear a mask anytime you come into the office.
 - Phone: 320-523-2661 or 800-545-4571
 - Click here for further contact information.
 - If you are in an emergency situation, please contact 911

Auditor/Treasurer: Property Taxes and Elections

 - Property Tax Payments can be mailed, paid in person, or placed in the Courthouse drop box*. They may also be paid online via credit card or E-Check at:  
     - http://cpui.us/tax/disclaimer_value.asp?cid=65 
 - Voter Registration should be completed online:
     - https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/VoterRegistration/VoterRegistrationMain.aspx
 - Any questions regarding property taxes, 
     - Phone: (320) 523-2071
     - Email: auditors@renvillecountymn.com
     - Mail: 500 E DePue Ave, Suite 202, Olivia MN 56277

Environmental Services: Planning, Zoning, Feedlot, Septic System Permitting, Water Management and Special Vehicle Use Permitting

 - All services are available by phone, email, in-person, Government Services Center drop box* or mail.  Calling ahead and making an appointment is encouraged.
 - Phone: 320-523-3768
 - Email:  es@renvillecountymn.com    or     scottr@renvillecountymn.com
 - Mail: 105 South 5th Street, Suite 311 Olivia MN 56277

Emergency Management

 - Emergency management services are available over the phone or by email.  
 - Phone:  320-523-3838 or 320-523-3769
 - Email:  mikehe@renvillecountymn.com or samb@renvillecountymn.com

Hawk Creek Watershed Project

 - Contact HCWP staff at (320) 523-3666 and leave a message or email: heidi@hawkcreekwatershed.org.  
 - HCWP website is available for more information www.hawkcreekwatershed.org

 Economic Development Authority (EDA)
 - Economic Development services are available over the phone or by email.  
      - Phone:  320-523-3656 (Please leave a voicemail and your call will be returned as soon as possible)
      - Email:  EDA@renvillecountymn.com
Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA)
 - Housing services are available over the phone or by email.  Dropbox is available outside the office door.  In person services are only available by appointment. 
      - Phone:  507-637-4004 (Please leave a voicemail and your call will be returned as soon as possible)
       - Email:  admin@radc.org

Human Services

Financial Assistance (Health care, cash, food)
 - Financial workers are available to answer questions. Please call Human Services at 320-523-2202.
 - To get an application to apply for services: 
     - Call 320-523-2202 for one to be sent to you by mail, fax, or email.
     - Pick one up in the main lobby of the Government Services Center
     - Apply online for cash, food, child care at ApplyMN – applymn.dhs.mn.gov
     - Apply online for health care on MNSURE – https://www.mnsure.org
 - To return the application or any other documents for financial assistance, you can: 
     - Email: hs@renvillecountymn.com
     - Fax: 320-523-3565
     - Mail: 105 S 5th St Suite 203H, Olivia MN 56277
     - Place in the Government Services Center drop box *

 Licensing (adult, child foster care and family child care)
 - Licenses due to expire in the peacetime emergency are automatically extended for three months.
 - Licensors will be conducting some work through mail, email and virtual visits.
 - Orientations for new providers are completed remotely.
 - Child Care Providers direction from the Governor.

Child Protection 
 - If you have a concern about the welfare of a child/ren, please continue to make reports to Renville County Human Services at 320-523-2202
 - Some in-person appointments have been moved to virtual visits. 

Mental Health 
 - Referrals will continue to be accepted for case management services. 
 - Call 320-523-2202 to make a referral. 

Substance Abuse Disorders (Chemical Dependency)
 - Referrals will continue to be accepted. 
 - Renville County Human Services is conducting Rule 25 Assessments using telehealth alternatives. 
 - Adult and Adolescent intake and referrals for Chemical Dependency Assessments, call: 320-523-2202. 

Adult Protection
 - Continue to report concerns to Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center at 844-880-1574. 
 - Staff will use alternative methods for face-to-face interview to minimize the risks to the vulnerable adult’s health by:
      - Using reliable collateral sources of information. 
      - Coordinating with partners. 
      - Employing phone, pictures, video and other technology.
      - Face-to-face interviews will only be used when there is no other method to meet a critical health and safety need  
        of the vulnerable adult.

Services for seniors and people with disabilities
 - Case managers are continuing to meet the needs of the people they serve using methods other
   than face to face visits. 
 - Case managers will continue to offer appointments using phone, or an electronic platform. 
 - Assessments and reassessments are being completed over the phone or through video
   technology to ensure there will not be a lapse in services.

Child Support 
 - Child Support staff are available to answer questions. Please call Human Services at 320-523-2202.



Prorate transactions are by appointment only. 
   Click Here to schedule your appointment
      -  Face masks will be required during your appointment.
      -  Appointments will be 25 minutes long.
      -  Only 1 person, per appointment, will be allowed in the office at a time.
      -  Prorate Document Information
 - We will continue to use the Courthouse dropbox*, for Passenger Tab Renewals only. 
   Follow this Process
 - The deadline for Real ID has been postponed indefinitely by the federal government.
 Click here for answers to the top questions that are being asked.
Phone:  320-523-3612
License Website

 - The gates have been closed to the County Parks for the season, but all of the parks are open for day use. 
 - Click HERE for winter parking locations.  
 - For questions regarding County Parks:
     - Email: parksdept@renvillecountymn.com
     - Call: 320-523-3747

 - If you are on probation or supervised release, it is still your responsibility to maintain contact with
   your probation officer as directed. 
 - Probation appointments will be through advance scheduling in the office, telephone contacts, video
   conferencing or random field contacts during this time. Email or call your probation officer for
   directions and reporting requirements. 
 - A mask or face covering will be required for all office appointments.
 - Contact information can be obtained online. Click HERE

Public Health
 - Public Health has diverted many staff to COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Operations.
 - WIC continues to provide services. All appointments will be conducted over the phone. Call 320-
   523-3762 for an appointment. If you have height, weight or hemoglobin documentation that staff
   has requested, please email it to WIC@renvillecountymn.com or text it to 320-522-2912. If your
   provider is sending the documentation, please have it emailed or faxed to 320-523-3749.
 - Home Health continues to accept referrals on a case by case basis.  Please call 320-523-2570. 
 - Environmental Health continues assuring safe foods for restaurants and schools.  Inspections and
   complaints investigations continue, as well as information and support.  Call 320-523-2570 with
   environmental health questions or concerns. 
 - Family Home Visiting Nurses will conduct most visits over the phone unless an in-person visit is requested by medical provider or parent.

 Public Works: Road & Bridge and Drainage  
 - Public Works Shops are Closed to the public.
 - Construction and Maintenance Projects are expected to proceed as planned 
 - Moving Permits and Utility Permits can be accessed on our website and emailed to the address
 - Driveway Permits can be obtained by calling the Kevin Sing at (320) 522-1334
 - For questions regarding County Ditches, email Seth Sparks at seths@renvillecountymn.com 
 - For all other questions, call the Public Works Office at (320) 523-3759 or visit the Public Works website.

Recorder: Real Estate Documents, Birth, Death and Marriage
Certificates, Passport and Marriage Applications
 - Call ahead to make an appointment for New Passports or if you are applying for a Marriage License.  Make sure all forms are filled out and ready to go before you arrive. 
 - Real Estate Documents are accepted for recording via e-recording, mail or the Courthouse drop box*
 - Birth, Death and Marriage records: Certified copies can be requested through the mail, in-person, e-mail or
   fax. Detailed ordering information can be found on our website.
 - Passport renewals may be done on your own.  You may obtain forms and up-to-date information at
    - Phone: 320-523-3669
    - Mail: 500 East DePue Ave., Suite 203, Olivia, MN 56277

Redwood/Renville Regional Solid Waste Authority (RRRSWA) and
Transfer Facility and Renville County Demolition Landfill
  - Visit our website full details. Click HERE
  - Demolition Landfill is open to commercial haulers, contractors and private haulers, but the office doors will remain locked.
    Payment for disposal by private/self haulers at the landfill will also be by cash or check only. You will be asked to remain in your vehicle
    while the scale operator inspects your load and will have further instructions upon arrival. 
  - Contact us by calling: 320-523-8002 or 507-637-1800/Landfill 320-523-1144 (Mondays 8:00-4:00)

Restorative Justice
 - All Circles have been meeting virtually, and we continue to assess the want to meet in person while still adhering to the MN State Guidelines.
    If holding an in person meeting we have the ability for others to still Zoom in if they prefer. 
 - Open community Circles, and Volunteer Trainings have been suspended.
 - Available by phone and email.
    - Phone: 320-532-3871
    - Email: andrewp@renvillecountymn.com

Safe Avenues
 - In person advocacy will be available by appointment only.  Please call to schedule an appointment 
   320-523-1015 or 320-894-7294.
 - Advocacy services are also offered by text or email, please contact safe.rencoor@cloudnet.com or
   320-894-7294. Emails and texts will be checked Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
 - As always advocates are available 24/7 by calling 800-792-4210

Sheriff’s Office
 - For information on obtaining firearm permits, click here.
 - Gun permit applications (permit to purchase and carry) can be placed in the drop box outside human services. 
  •           Please make sure to include copies of training certificate, photo ID and correct payment for Permit to Carry applications.  All signatures are also required for both applications or they will be returned
 - Civil fingerprinting is on hold for to time being.
 - Our dispatch center will continue 24/7 services.  
 - If you have a health-related question, please contact your local provider.  If it is an emergency,
   call 911.
 - On-site visitation has been suspended.
 - Video Visitation can be set up off site using:  https://www.reliancetelephone.com/ or the
   or the Reliance Connect app.
 - Messages can be left for inmates at 320-400-3018
 - You can contact the main line of the jail for questions or to leave an EMERGENCY message for
   an inmate by calling 320-523-3600
 - Inmate mail or funds using a money order can be sent to: Inmate name, C/O Renville Co Jail
   104 4th St S, Olivia, MN 56277

U of M Extension / 4H
 - Face-to-face meetings, courses, and events have been suspended.
 - In-person volunteer activities with 4-H and Master Gardeners has been suspended.
 - On-site technical service calls for agriculture educators has been suspended; however, assistance  
   is available through email at dilwo026@umn.edu or by calling 507-272-5791. 
 - For private pesticide applicator exams, we recommend either taking the exam online, or emailing
   tahoule@umn.edu and requesting a paper one. Study guides can be obtained online for free. 

Veteran Services
 - Transportation to the VA hospital is taking place. 
 - Outreach appointments have been canceled until further notice.
 - Appointments will be held in the office, by phone or email.   
    - Phone:  320-523-3763.
    - Email:  lees@renvillecountymn.com

Back to Top