Fine and Ticket Information

Unpaid Fine? No Need to Wait in Line!
You may pay many fines online. Visit https://webpay.courts.state.mn.us/CourtWebPay/default.aspx to begin! You will need either your ticket/citation number or your court file number to access your fine.

Paying By Phone
To pay by credit card, call 1-800-657-3611, or in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area 651-281-3219. You will need either your ticket/citation number, your DL number or your court file number to access your fine.

Checking Your Fine Balance
To access your fine account balance online, visit the Minnesota Judicial Branch at www.mncourts.gov/

1.    Click on "Find Court Records"

2.    Select "Access Trial Court Records".

3.    Read and accept the terms of use. This will bring you to the Minnesota Public Access Remote View.

4.    From the drop-down menu select Renville

5.    From the list of options, select Criminal/Traffic/Petty Case Records.

6.    From the Search By drop-down menu, you have the option of searching by Case, Defendant, Citation or Attorney. If you are searching by case number, remember to enter 65 at the beginning.

7.    From your search results, locate and click on the blue hyperlink of the case you want to review.

8.    On the register of actions page, scroll to the bottom of the page to review the Financial Information portion of the case for the balance owing.

Please note: If there is any reference in the “other events and hearings” section of the register of action that the case has been referred to collections you will need to contact MN Department of Revenue, as the balance that is owed will be different than the amount due to collection fees.

Mailing address:
Department of Revenue - Collection Division
PO Box 64564
St Paul MN 55164-0564

Phone #:
Metro area:  651-556-3003
Outside the metro area:  800-657-3909
Fax #:  651-556-5116

When You Need to Appear In Person

You must appear in court at the address location noted on the citation if:

1.    You wish to plead not guilty and have a court trial.  Contact the Renville County Court Administrator by telephone at (320) 523-3680 for further information if you wish to plead not guilty.

2.    You wish to plead guilty with an explanation.

3.    You have endangered life or property. (Box will be checked on the front of the ticket)

4.    The offense you have been charged with is court required.

5.    You wish to request a payment plan (must qualify).


Please note:

No cell phones are allowed inside the courtrooms.

You may elect to plead “Guilty as Charged” to all listed violations, and pay the fine(s) indicated in the Common Violation Fine Amounts Section.  Payment of a fine(s) is deemed to be a “Plea of Guilty.”

NOTE: It may take up to 30 days for your citation to be entered into the system. 

To Pay by Mail

Make check payable to: Minnesota Court Payment Center

DO NOT MAIL CASH. Payment can be mailed to:

Minnesota Court Payment Center
P.O. Box 898
Willmar, MN 56201

Paying No Proof of Insurance Violations

If you have received a citation for No Proof of Insurance and the vehicle you were driving was insured on the date and time of offense, you must provide one of the following that shows there was valid coverage on the date of the offense:

§  A copy of the insurance coverage card for that vehicle,

§  A letter from the insurance agent,

§  Or a copy of the insurance policy.

The information received must include the name of the insured and the vehicle type.

The information can be faxed to the Court Payment Center at 320-231-6507. Include a copy of the ticket with your proof of insurance.

If you are charged with another payable violation, you may mail your payment for violation along with your proof of insurance to the Minnesota Court Payment Center.

Minnesota Court Payment Center
P.O. Box 898
Willmar, MN 56201

You may also show one of the proper items identified above to the Renville County Courts at 500 E DePue Avenue, Olivia, Minnesota by the due date/court date on your ticket or citation.

Failure to Appear Notice

Failure to pay by or appear in court by the date indicated on your ticket will be considered a plea of guilty and waiver of trial for petty misdemeanor offenses, and may result in one or more of the following actions being taken against you: 

§  Certification of charges to your driving record,

§  Drivers License suspension,

§  Issuance of a bench warrant for your arrest,

§  Referral of your debt to a collection agency. 

If referred, the collection agency will assess additional fees. The collection agency is authorized to take the following actions to collect your debt:  levy your bank account, seize your property, file a judgment or lien which will affect your credit rating, revoke or deny personal or business license, offset vendor payments owed to you by a state agency, levy wages, seize tax refunds or refer your debt.

It is your responsibility to notify the Court of a change of address