Conditional Use Permit
A CUP is required for feedlots in Renville County in the following cases:
- Any new feedlot greater than 300 animal units or any expansion of an existing feedlot to 300 animal units to a total of 2,000 animal units in the “A” agricultural district.
- Any change in ownership of an existing feedlot that exceeds 299 animal units which is not currently permitted by a conditional use permit.
- Any expansion of an existing feedlot in the shoreland district.
- Any expansion of any existing feedlot within one mile of a city boundary.
- Any feedlot that requires a NPDES Permit. Any feedlot requiring an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW). The permitting authority shall be the Regulatory Unit of Government responsible for all required EAWs.
- Whenever any existing or proposed feedlot operation proposes the construction of an above-ground manure storage structure.
- Whenever there is proposed to be a change in animal type at an existing feedlot greater than 300 animal units.
For more information on feedlot permitting contact the Environmental Services Office at 320-523-3768.