Special Vehicle Use Permits

SVU icon WebThe Renville County Special Vehicle Use on Designated County Roadways Ordinance authorizes the use and operation of all-terrain vehicles, mini trucks, utility task vehicles, and motorized golf carts on designated Renville County roadways. This Ordinance does not permit the use and operation of these recreational vehicles on federal or state highways and streets or roads under the jurisdiction of a city or township. A Special Vehicle Use Permit must be applied for and approved for each recreational vehicle intended to be operated on a designated county roadway. A Special Vehicle Use Permit is valid for two calendar years, beginning on January 1 and ending on December 31 of the last year the permit is valid. Recreational vehicle owners are responsible for the renewal of the Special Vehicle Use Permit every two years. The permit can be purchased on-line or in person at the Division of Environment and Community Development office during regular business hours. The Special Vehicle Use Permit sticker shall be located on a plate that is clearly visible on the back of the all-terrain vehicle, mini truck, utility task vehicle, and motorized golf cart. The Special Vehicle Use Permit fee is $10.00 for a two-year permit. Please note the important links to the right for additional information regulating the use of all-terrain and utility task vehicles, mini trucks, and motorized golf carts. 

STEP ONE:  Fill out application (Located on right sidebar) and submit

STEP TWO:  Make Payment (Located on right sidebar)

Both items must be complete for us to send you your permit!

 Contact Information

Division of Environment & Community Development

Renville County Government Services Center
105 South 5th Street, Suite 311
Olivia, MN 56277

(320) 523-3768


City Ordinance Links FAQ's