Minnesota's Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
This program is available to eligible families to assist with the expense of child care while parents look for work, attend work, or attend school to prepare for work.  Help is available from the following Child Care Assistance Programs:

• MFIP Child Care is for eligible families who receive assistance from the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)

• Transition Year Child Care is available to eligible families for a full year after their MFIP case closes.

• Basic Sliding Fee Child Care (BSF)  is available to eligible families and can help you with child care costs for any combination of the following:

Work: You may get help with child care if you are working 20 hours or more per week and earn at least minimum wage.

Job Search: You may get help with child care for a limited time to look for work.

School or Training: You may get child care assistance for the amount of time your school says it takes to complete your degree. Your child care worker will help you develop an education plan that includes school or training to prepare for work.

Keep in mind the child care assistance program may not cover all your costs. The amount you will have to pay depends on your family's income, the number of people in your family, and how much your provider charges.

Applications are available by:
   • Applying online at MNbenefits
   • Downloading, printing, and submitting the CCAP Application
   • Obtaining an application at Renville County Human Services
   • Calling Renville County Human Services, call 320-523-2202 or 800-363-2533

Child Care Assistance Program Rules

  • CCAP can help you pay child care costs for all children age 12 and younger, and for handicapped children age 13 and 14.
  • Child care costs may be paid for the time you work, look for work, or attend training, plus some travel
  • There is no time limit on how long you may receive child care assistance as long as your income is within the program limits for your family size.
  • Your child care must be provided by a legal provider over the age of 18.