Redwood Renville Regional Material Recovery Facility
Redwood/Renville Regional Solid Waste Authority Response to COVID-19 Pandemic:
(Last updated 10/15/2020)
Redwood/Renville Regional Solid Waste Authority (RRRSWA) Response to COVID-19 Pandemic/Governor's Executive Order:
Beginning July 27, 2020, the following services will be altered until further notice:
1. PRIVATE/SELF HAULERS: Our office doors will be locked to non-employees, but we will continue to accept private/self haulers’ (people who haul their own in a trailer, truck or car) garbage at the Redwood/Renville Regional Material Recovery and Transfer Facility (RRRMRF or MRF) in Redwood Falls, with specific stipulations. Payment for disposal will be by cash or check only. When you arrive at the facility, proceed to the scale and the operator will have more instructions for you. If you plan to pay with cash, please bring small bills. Your disposal cost will probably be less than you anticipate.
2. DEMOLITION MATERIAL DISPOSAL: The Renville County Demolition Landfill will also continue to accept materials from commercial haulers, contractors and private/self haulers, but the office doors will remain locked to non-employees. Payment for disposal by private/self-haulers at the landfill will also be by cash or check only. You will either be asked to remain in your vehicle or will be required to wear a mask while the scale operator inspects your load (unless you un-tarp outside the scale house) and will have further instruction upon arrival.
3. SHREDDED PAPER:
a. If you have pre-shredded paper, please make sure it is in sealed plastic bags so it can be placed in the specially marked gray cart outside of the MRF Office area during regular business hours.
b. If you are a business shredding customer, we want to accommodate you, but need to minimize person-to-person contact. Please call us at least 1 (one) hour before you are ready to bring us a full cart. When you call us, we will provide instructions on cart exchange procedures. (No cart exchanges after 3:30 p.m. M-F)
c. If you have personal papers to be shredded, we ask that you call us at least 1 (one) hour in advance of your arrival (no later than 3:30 p.m.) We can provide a secure cart for you to place your papers into. The cart will be placed outside and when you are done, we will bring the cart back inside and re-lock it.
4. APPLIANCE & ELECTRONICS COLLECTIONS: The last scheduled collection took place on 10/14/2020 in Renville County. You may contact S.W. Recycling for alternatives: 1-800-366-8665.
5. HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE FACILITIES: Both the Redwood and Renville County Household Hazardous Waste Facilities re-opened the week of August 10, 2020. The product exchange rooms will remain closed.
* We will not provide gloves or masks.
For more information, contact Jon Mitchell, RRRSWA/RRRMRF Executive Director at 320-523-8002 or 507-637-1800.
Raising Awareness, Reducing Waste, Recycling Together
Upcoming Electronic and Appliance Collections for Redwood and Renville County Residents!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECYCLING QUESTIONS:
What about plastic bags and other "film plastic"?
What if I’m unable to take my cart to the curb?
What happens if I sell my house?
What happens if my cart “disappears”?
I live in an apartment building, what should we do?
When is the best time to put my cart by my curb for pick up?
What should I do with my shredded paper?
907 West Bridge - Redwood Falls - MN - 56283
Phone: (507)637-1800 or (320)523-8002