Redwood Renville Regional Material Recovery Facility

Redwood/Renville Regional Solid Waste Authority Response to COVID-19 Pandemic:
(Last updated 07/09/2020)

Redwood/Renville Regional Solid Waste Authority (RRRSWA) Response to COVID-19 Pandemic

Beginning June 15, 2020, the following services will resume in full:
Our doors will re-open to the public.* Payments for disposal may be made by either check or cash (no cards allowed). If you plan to pay with cash, please bring small bills. Your disposal cost will probably be less than you anticipate.

The Renville County Demolition Landfill will also
fully re-open to commercial haulers, contractors and private haulers. Payment for disposal by private/self-haulers at the landfill will also be by cash or check only.
 Please see the landfill link to the left for more information regarding hours of operation, etc. 


a. If you have pre-shredded paper, please make sure it is in sealed plastic bags so it can be placed in the specially marked gray cart outside of the MRF Office area during regular business hours. Unless it is raining, we will leave the cart outside for your convenience. In the case of inclement weather, please bring shredded paper inside.

b. If you are a business shredding customer, please call us at least 1 (one) hour before you are ready to bring us a full cart.  When you call us, we will provide instructions on cart exchange procedures. (No cart exchanges after 3:30 p.m. M-F) 

c. If you have personal papers to be shredded, you may bring that paper to the office and place into a securely locked cart.

The following services will remain closed and/or altered until further notice:

4.    HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE FACILITIES: Both the Redwood and Renville County Household Hazardous Waste Facilities and product exchange rooms will remain closed.

Please stay tuned for information about the August-October collections.  As soon as we hear from our disposal company, we will post whether they are being held or cancelled.  We post on the website, Facebook, and the local radio stations. You may contact S.W. Recycling for alternatives: 1-800-366-8665. 

* We will not provide gloves or masks and they are not required, but you may wear a mask and/or gloves to our locations if you wish.

For more information, contact Jon Mitchell, RRRSWA/RRRMRF Executive Director at 320-523-8002 or 507-637-1800.




Raising Awareness, Reducing Waste, Recycling Together 

Join us on FACEBOOK
facebook icon

 The RRRMRF and the Administrative Offices will be closed on the following dates due to the observance of holidays:

Monday, September 7
Wednesday, November 11
Thursday, November 26
Friday, November 27
Thursday, December 24 (close at noon)
Friday, December 25

Please check the recycling schedule for any potential changes to curbside service.


2020 Curbside Recycling Schedule for both counties:
Please click the picture below for more detail:
Image of 2020 Recycling Schedule_both

Upcoming Electronic and Appliance Collections for Redwood and Renville County residents!!
Click the image(s) for more detail

Renville County:
Image of Renville County Collection

Redwood County:

Image of Redwood County Collection

may call S.W. Recycling at
1-800-366-8665 to arrange for a pick up at your home or business.



  1. Is it true that you are once again accepting glass as a recyclable material?

    • Yes, beginning January 1, 2020, the RRRSWA will once again accept glass containers (please see recycling information) in our recycling stream.

  2. What about plastic bags and other "film plastic"?

    • We no longer accept film plastic of any kind for recycling.  The best practice is to purchase and utilize re-usable shopping bags wherever possible. If you forget them, ask for paper or to have your groceries loaded back into your cart without bags. Keep totes in the trunk or cargo area of your vehicle to place groceries for the trip home. Other types of film plastic (softener salt bags, large plastic wrapping for mattresses, television and stereo sheathing, bread bags, etc.) will need to be disposed of in the garbage.

  3. Do you accept mattresses and other furniture at your facility?
    • Yes, mattresses and other furniture are accepted. Please see the "fee schedule" for cost information. Mattresses MAY be recycled, please click the flier under "Recycling & Household Hazardous Waste" section.
  4. Can I bring my old stove/TV/microwave, etc. to your facility?
    • No, please watch for information regarding the special collections held April-October each year in both counties.
  5. Can I put my garbage and my recyclables in the same container?
    • No, residents are not allowed to co-mingle their garbage with recyclables.  The carts are not interchangeable, so please keep garbage separated from recycling and in its own cart.
  6. What if I only have enough recycling to fill my cart once a month?
    • Collection will take place every two weeks, so place your cart at the curb whenever you have filled it (on your scheduled date). You are not required to put your cart out for every collection. 
  7. What if I’m unable to take my cart to the curb?

    • West Central Sanitation offers a “valet service” for this purpose. Contact West Central to make arrangements. 

  8. What happens if I sell my house?

    • Each cart has a chip embedded in it to identify the address of the user. If you plan to move, the cart needs to stay with the residence. 

  9. What happens if my cart “disappears”?

    • If your cart “disappears,” the cost of your cart will be assessed and billed back to you by West Central Sanitation. 

  10. I live in an apartment building, what should we do?

    • Apartment owners or managers should contact West Central to determine the appropriate number of containers and collection frequencies. 

  11. When is the best time to put my cart by my curb for pick up?

    • West Central Sanitation has advised that carts are placed BY 6:30 a.m. If snow or other inclement weather are not factors, you may put the cart out the night before to help ensure collection. 

  12. What should I do with my shredded paper?

    • Shredded paper placed in the cart or drop box can break open during transportation and cause problems at the facility. If possible, bring your bags of shredded paper directly to the facility to ensure that this material will get recycled. Keep in mind that the RRRSWA has a secure document destruction service available at the facility so we can shred your personal documents for you! There is no charge for personal shredding and a nominal fee for businesses.

  13. Can I choose my own cart size?
    • All carts are 95 gallons, with no additional size options available. The carts were selected as appropriate for the average amount of recycling materials generated by a typical household in a two week period.
  14. Can I still put my aluminum cans into my recycling cart or drop box?
    • Yes, please continue to recycle all aluminum cans, etc.  We stopped paying for aluminum beverage cans on 12/13/19 but they are still very much recyclable.

907 West Bridge - Redwood Falls - MN - 56283
Phone:  (507)637-1800 or (320)523-8002