Renville County Jail
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE AFFECTING RENVILLE COUNTY JAIL
It is the intent of the Renville County Jail to minimize the spread of COVID-19 as much as practical while providing for the safety of the public, the health and security of our inmates and the health of our most valued asset, our staff. Effective immediately, the following will apply:
- Visitation will continue only by means of video calling. You may purchase time on video calling at www.reliancetelephone.com. No on-site physical or video visitation will occur until further notice.
- At this time, the jail has suspended all jail programming staffed by non-jail staff employees. This includes CD treatment inside the jail as well as aftercare treatment located outside the jail in other county building locations.
- All attorney-client meetings will occur via telephone only. Please call to schedule meeting times.
- All clergy visits will will occur via telephone only. Please call to schedule meeting times.
- All agency visits for Rule-25 evaluations, Rule-20 evaluations, court-ordered assessments and any other normally face-to-face meetings are suspended. Please call to inquire about scheduling phone or video evaluations and assessments.
Protocols are under constant re-evaluation using the best information available to us. We are in contact with the MN Department of Corrections, the MN Department of Health and our medical providers on a regular, on-going basis. Protocols and procedures may change with little or no notice. We will update information as the situation evolves and as necessary.
As a Sheriff's Office, one of our statutory responsibilities is to operate and manage the county jail. The current Renville County jail opened in 2008 and is a 72 bed facility. People who are arrested in Renville County are housed at the Renville County Jail, regardless if they are arrested by the Sheriff's Office or by one of the police departments in Renville County.
Our administration and corrections officers operate the Renville County Jail with much emphasis placed on programming and true efforts to rehabilitate inmates. We understand that "today's inmates are likely tomorrow's neighbors".
For more information about the Renville County Jail, please click on the following links: