Tips on Video Conferencing
During this time please participate in meetings via video conference when possible.
- If it is your first time try to do a test before getting on your first call. Test out your equipment to save time and to make sure your video conference call is a success and time isn’t wasted.
Get comfortable but not too comfortable…
- If/when it is possible connect to a wired Internet versus Wi-Fi.
- Never sit in your bathroom. It may seem like a no brainier but don’t do it.
- Sit with your back against a wall (not a window). Always have the light in front of you and not behind you. This will light up your face versus blacking it out.
- Sit close to the camera so your face can be seen.
- Use a virtual background when possible (this is an option when using Zoom as your platform)
-Use a microphone or a headset when possible. If you do not have these call in with your phone.
It’s time for your video Conference!
- Wear work appropriate clothing.
- Always be on time!
- Use a camera as much as possible. Your meeting will be much more engaging if you can see each other.
- Frame the camera correctly so you are seen.
- Look into the camera and pay attention. Even when you are not speaking. Stay engaged!
- ALWAYS mute yourself when not speaking.
- Don’t eat during your meeting.